The Benefits and Disadvantages of using a High Pressure Cleaner
Washing your wooden deck with a high pressure cleaner can transform it, and get it ready for varnishing, rather than doing it by hand. A high pressure cleaner can also transform your garage, or any paving into a much cleaner version of itself within minutes.
But before you invest in this machine there are a few factors that you need to take into consideration. You must be prepared to do the job right, and in order to do this, you have to understand the benefits and disadvantages of using a pressure washer.
FIRSTLY, LET’S LOOK AT THE BENEFITS OF A HIGH PRESSURE CLEANER:
Some of the advantages of washing “stuff” with a high pressure cleaner are:
- Removes stubborn stains: With a pressure washer, you can clear away soaked in stains and spillages on nearly all outdoor surfaces;
- Gets into all nooks and crannies: A pressure cleaner can get into difficult spots like cracks, corners, gutters and overhangs;
- Exposes maintenance issues: When done annually, pressure washing can clear areas where you might need to perform further maintenance. It removes the grime so that you can varnish that deck or seal that garage floor properly.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ALSO UNDERSTAND THE DANGERS/DISADVANTAGES OF USING A HIGH PRESSURE CLEANER:
- Consider that even the lightest-duty High Pressure Cleaner, puts out a dangerous level of pressure;
- If the person handling the machine is inexperienced, the pressure can cause serious property damage or bodily harm;
- The operator must be educated on how to operate the pressure washer with the correct setting, the correct cleaning chemical, and how closely you should apply the pressure.
SOME TIPS ON HOW TO HANDLE YOUR HIGH PRESSURE CLEANER:
- Preparation: Remove debris, cover doors, close windows and move outdoor furniture out of the way – don’t leave any obstacles where you will be using the machine;
- Relative Capacity: Whether you are stripping the paint off a wall, or the grime on your garage floor, make sure you choose the pressure washer to best suit the job. Pressure washers offer varying degrees of power and versatility. So, it’s important to consider factors such as pressure (bar), flow (l/min) and if the machine is compatible with certain cleaning chemicals.
- Cost: Investing in an Electric Pressure Cleaner with MaPa Cleaning Technologies, can cost you anything from R14 309 to R42 585. With the purchase of this machine, you will receive proper training, on how to handle and maintain the machine, and, we also have a Workshop department to service the machine, and we provide all the spares and accessories for the machines lifetime.
PRESSURE WASHING DO’S AND DON’TS
- Know which cleaning solutions are recommended for each surface you are spraying
- Wear protective gloves, eyewear, clothing and shoes at all times
- Follow all safety protocols when working with washers, ladders and other equipment
- Allow one of our cleaning equipment specialists to train you on how to use your high pressure cleaner the correct way, and how to maintain and look after it.
- Operate your pressure washer near people or pets at any time
- Stand too close when spraying any surface, as debris and damage can result
- Use your pressure washer without first consulting instructions and safety warnings
- Work on roofs, or high places without taking the proper precautions
The MaPa High Pressure Machine that we recommend is the PW-C21.
The PW-C21 is a cold water high pressure cleaner and operates at 160 bar at 9 litres of water per minute, and is the perfect high pressure washer for gutter cleaning, washing paving, cleaning wooden decks, washing cars and bicycles, in fact any DIY project you might have planned around the house.
If you would like a demonstration or a quote on this machine, please email our sales at email@example.com and we will bring the machine to you!
You have a choice of either wall mounting this high pressure cleaner or trolley mounting it, to make it more mobile! (This is an optional accessory)
Have a look at this amazing high pressure cleaner on our website: www.mapa.co.za